Sunday, September 23, 2007

22 Sep 07 ECP Blading w/o Loveflower & Emi


This being the first time the rest of us went blading without the 2 ladies, it seemed appropriate to blog about it here.

We arranged to meet at 3pm at ecp mac and as usual, nobody was on time. I reached at 3.15pm, Daniel (in his running attire) reached at 3.10pm, Zhiwei reached at 3.25pm, and finally Mr perpetually-late-no-surprises-here reached at 3.40pm. :-P

This blading session was supposed to be a blading tutorial for Zhiwei (congrats for taking the first brave step to try out blading for the first time!) and Daniel to train running long distance. Andrew was with Zhiwei at the beginning to help him. I was off blading while Daniel was running beside me. After sometime, I was off blading by myself in the direction of Fort Road. I bladed there and back without resting, and met Andrew close to the vicinity of Mac. Daniel had stopped running and gone back to train Zhiwei while Andrew had come to join me.

Wanting to rest, I suggested to rest at the nearby pavilion. It proved to be a huge mistake! For some reason, while stepping onto the pavilion, I slipped and my legs gave way under me, causing me to "sit"on my left feet, having my ankle twisted in an unnatural fashion. The pain was frankly quite excruciating. Thereafter, I suppose I should commend Mr Goh on his chivalry (pls keep your ego in check!). He helped me remove my blades and helped me to the bench, and also bladed to mac to get some ice. When he returned, he helped to ice my swollen ankle for sometime. Then, most paradoxically, we had a chat on gentlemanliness. I still disagree with him about being practical when it comes to chivalry, as I feel every little chivalrous gesture will score points with ladies, whether or not it is practical. As to the magnitude of the points, it depends on each individual. In any case, I am grateful for Andrew's help, so there! I expect your head will swell any minute.

While resting at the pavilion, Daniel trained Zhiwei. I think he's doing great as a beginner! Much better than myself when I was a beginner. Perhaps we now have a new blade khaki to join our gang. :-)

Thereafter we had dinner at the HK cafe near mac. Check out the scrumptious spread above. The food was not bad, higher standard than Xin Wang at Marina Square for sure. The dizzy array of choices in the menu sure made it difficult for us to choose. They have tags like "top seller", "recommended", "featured on tv", etc etc.

We finally left ecp around 7.30pm, with me hobbling rather slowly to the car, while thankfully thinking that I sprained my left ankle, not right, otherwise, I can't drive, without wincing every time I stepped on the brakes or accelerator.

I am now officially the hobbler. :-(

~Fiona (aka the hobbler)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear... hope your ankle is better now =P

aniwae, sound like a fun sat afternoon for you all without us.. hahaha... i thought the food looks so-so only lei... hahaha.. is it good? can try the next time when we are there...

emi said...

hey gal,

really sorry to hear that. tho hobbler sounds really cute. =P pls pls try to get well soon, less activity these days ya. we need to chill out soon!

and i wanna sing ktv!!!! every day, i stare at the tour guide's mike and feel really miserable. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

According to Daniel's casio digital watch, he was at mac at exactly 3.02pm...=P...trying to make a pt here... I tot I was gg to be 15 mins late..so i sms everyone...turns out I was quite heng and reached in time..haha

Anw Fiona, hope u heal fast..:P.. So, lets go ice skating, macritchie tree top trail, Go-Kart, Paint Ball, Sungei Buloh, Latern Fest at Chinese Garden and mt faber by nxt wkend bah..wink~~~
haha...

Just joking. Anw Go Kart and Paint Ball is smthg you wld wan to do with more ppl ard. I am not sure how much and where the location is as well. Not tt keen. Just keen to cause frustration to miss flower..haha

Latern Fest, we can actually go on wkdaes from work if you all wan to. Depends on whether the hobbler is fit enuff too.

Anw I at Holland Village today. For those who duno, I used to stay at Holland Drive. I went to Chip Bee gardens too. There seems to be some nice eateries there. Lots of pizza and other stuff. There was this bread/pastry shop which served cakes in plastic boxes. They had many varieties, eg black forest and others. It cost about 7$ for a piece the size of a male wallet, and 4 to 5 cm thick. I didn't try any but will do so next time. Supposed to haf pubs thr at nite too..but i cldn't recognise any when I was there.

To emi, u can use the word "sarang heyo" on the commoners thr..and chk their response...:P

emi said...

hey daniel, it so happens that i know wat that line means. haha. so nah, not using it any time soon.

tour guide was saying that koreans are rather sensitive to japanese/japan, due to their turbulent past. he stoppped someone from saying 'ich, ni, sa'. didnt know it was that bad.

well, we tried the ginseng chicken on the first day. one of the nicest food so far. yeah, we skipped the kimchi for several meals already.

so today, hua and i will be stepping out into the unknown. wish us luck! as mon - wed is a long holiday for locals (harvest festival), we can only visit tourist attractions or big malls. good enuff. =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks peeps for your sympathies & well wishes. I am currently lunching in, with my feet propped up on a box that my colleague found for me..so pathetic right? haha.. This is prob gonna be my last comment for awhile. Starting tmr, I'd be starting on a new project that wld stretch for 2 mths at least.

Daniel, as u obviously know, we can't squeeze in even half the activities suggested given that we only have a weekend left! I think I can only go Chinese Garden given my current physical state. The other activities, I noticed, requires a certain amount of legwork.

Emi & AH, do be careful not to spout jap phrases when u're out there. As emi rightly pointed out, the Koreans do hate the Japs, the enimity is most evident during a World cup where both teams qualified. Other than that, do enjoy yourselves! Once out of the package tour, u can then properly immerse yourself into the Korean culture and do as the Koreans do. Try ktv-ing there, emi! :-)

Anonymous said...

Fiona, hope your ankle is healing well. Must take care of it leh. Btw have you seen a doc?

I got a colleague who recently had a seemingly small sprain but which now has become quite serious, it being in a cast and all. Not trying to scare you though but should see doc if it's still hurting.

Missed Sat's blading session cos was studying for my dept exam which took place this morning. Would be joining this Sat.

Emi, we can go sing K when you gals are back or if you really can't resist, you can sing in Korea. Who knows, you might come back a Korean love song expert =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Fiona! Hope ur ankle heals fast! U still gotta complete alot of activities to make emi and loveflower envious one. hehheh...

Anonymous said...

missy wont be joining for blading for next sat... bk ah, we are going to attend mindy's wedding lei... rem?? hahaha

so... dont know what's the plan yet... we decide when we are back then... hahaha

yah... you all better do something exciting this weekend k.. hahaha

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I can empathize Fi.

Remember to rest it well and consider getting some physio later during the healing phase to improve mobility.

Anonymous said...

So is there anyone interested in the Lantern Fest at Chinese Garden? It is opened till 12am every night. Tix is $10 for adults. The theme is sea world I think. We can go on weekdays after work too. Please state if interested and the preferred days. Can msg mi too if u prefer.

Anonymous said...

BK, I didn't see a doctor leh.. only wore an ankle guard to work for the 1st 2 days to warn ppl not to step on my feet & give way to me on mrts.

I was starting to get complacent that my ankle is healing nicely, so I wore slightly higher heels today. It made my ankle worse. Feels like it's jolted out of place. Have learnt a lesson and will wear lower heeled shoes tmr.

Btw, muz do physio? Thought to juz walk abt as per normal.

Anonymous said...

Btw, like I've mentioned before, I'm interested to go Chinese Garden. Anyone else interested? I realise that it'd be quite far for BK, Selene, Anson, Daniel & Andrew though..(oops I'm the only person staying in e west amongst u all) but the light up should be pretty, do consider! The last day of the lantern festival is 30 Sep. I suggest we go this coming sat!

Anonymous said...

Fiona, you can try to walk as per normal but nothing too strenuous in case it worsens your condition.

Take care! =)

Anonymous said...

Distance is a relative thing that is more appropriately measured by the time taken to reach the place or effort.

Eg. it takes me 1hr to reach Orchard rd, 1 hr to reach suntec and marina sq. 1hr to reach East Coast Park, 1h20mins to reach NTU, 1hr to reach woodlands via direct bus then mrt. More than 1hr to reach home via nr7. 1hr 10mins to reach my internship workplace in Bishan industrial park, and 1h20mins to reach my old working place at Ayer Rajah Cres. Of cos it is more meaningful to consider the roundtrip time, which doubles the time taken.

Haha, anw what I am trying to say is that gg to lakeside is almost no diff as gg to orchard rd to me. I have pretty much gotten used to long travelling hours. I am fine wif gg. I do not have a camera though, unless I manage to borrow my sis's.

Anonymous said...

Daniel: You don't have to detail all your travel times to us. :p

Fiona: I am interested to go!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Fiona,
Correction, sorry I've got to settle some last min stuff on Sat evening, so can't go lantern fest aredi. Unless it is on Sunday, haha...