Thursday, November 27, 2008

Boredom brings out the artist in me

Was bored out of mind in a recent presentation (cos I have gone through the slides before) so I decided to pick up my pen and start doodling.

When I was younger, I used to draw a lot of these ancient ladies. The head is always too small and body too long. Haha, always bad with proportions.


On the left is my colleague who proceeded to stand up to comment (bout potential research areas, not my drawing) after i finish this piece. Hahah. On the right is someone in front of me.

Next to me was my colleague who will be my coursemate. His leg was propped up and his shoe was promptly imprinted onto my sketchpad.

Inspired, I started drawing my nice shoes and legs. Hahaha….

Next was a funny idea I had. Was holding onto the paper then decided to draw my thumb followed by the rest of the hand. It looked cool so I kept up with it and ended up with a really cool picture. Think I’ve seen this concept somewhere before.


What a fruitful morning... =P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, ur doodles v high standard wor! I think my doodles are completely not legible. The finger sketch is qte cool, yea e concept's been used smwhere, cant rem where... e rest are nice too. keep doodling!

Anson said...

same here.I like e finger nail illusion most...where r u at?why so bored?

Anonymous said...

Wah you must be very bored at your presentation. :p Anw your fingers are quite nicely drawn, and you're damn good to be able to duplicate so many copies of the professionally drawn fingers, haha. I used to like drawing fingers as well, but those were the days when I attended art classes and was taught how to draw them. Your standard is very good!