This article "What to invest your money in" published Dec-24-2010 in The Business Times (click here) gives an overview of the various instruments available in the market and basic definitions and points to consider on each instrument.

This article "How much is a Reit worth?" published Dec-27-2010 in The Business Times (click here) explains how to value a Reit (real estate investment trust).
This article "An alternative investment avenue" published Dec-01-2010 in The Business Times (click here) explains the basics for bonds, how they work and the risks involved in investing them.
This article "ADRs demystified" published Nov-04-2010 in The Business Times (click here) explains the basics for American Depository Receipts (ADRs). This is a relatively new product in SGX, so you can consider investing in it if you are keen...
and last but not least... what should you invest in 2011??
This article "Top investors' 2011 picks" published Dec-10-2010 in The Business Times (click here) can give you an idea =)
My personal investment action plan for the year:
1. Continue with my AUD-SGD premium currency investment for Q1 and "pray" that the strike level is never hit!
(erh, if you are keen on how this product works, I can try to explain. pls indicate interest, thanks)
2. Start to accumulate USD cash when rate is less than USD-SIN 1.2850
(erh, hope that I'm not too late!)
3. Invest in SG/US/China stocks in Commodities, Energy amd Healthcare sectors
(erh, current feel / thoughts for now... hahaha)
Hopefully, it's not just words and no action on my part!! hahaha.. since I have ALWAYS said I want to start investing in stocks... like many years ago... Argh!
First thing to do: Find out the NAV for my unit trusts. I have a feeling that they are still losing money, hahaha...
1 comment:
thanks woman. i will read this thoroughly. and am i the only non-financial reader here??? highly possible.
chemistry rulez!
Post a Comment