Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My latest buy... again

1 main compartment with zipper opening
1 large pocket on front in interior
Dimensions : 45x35x23 cm, 17¾x14x9 inch

I bought a red Longchamp Le Pliage travel bag last Friday at the duty free store in Melbourne City =)

Firstly, to reward myself for being such a hardworking gal for Year 2010... Secondly, becos I need another handbag for weekend in order to reduce the 'stress' on my current Coach handbag... and lastly, becos there was a storewide 30% discount at the duty free store!

Yesh, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the discount poster!! Usually, at the duty free store, the price is already discounted... so for that day, I would get a further 30% discount. I can't possibly give up such a good deal right??

Simple maths : AUD 108 (usual price) --> AUD 75.60 (after 30% discount) --> After conversion at AUD/SIN 1.2700 (the rate has gone up now!), it's about SGD 96.01. Very affordable right? haha

Out of curiosity, I checked out the Longchamp outlet at Ion Orchard over the weekend... and to my pleasant surprise, the retail price is SGD 222! Wow, I got the exact same bag for less than SGD 100!!

And even if I pay the usual price AUD 108 and after conversion at current forex rate (AUD/SIN 1.3100), it's about SGD 141.50... still affordable lor, when you compare to the price here...

Price Guide (if I'd remember correctly)
Small tote bag -- AUD 98
Medium tote bag with short handle -- AUD 108 (that's mine!)
Larger tote bag with the long handle -- AUD 137

The new collection of tote bag with embellishments is there as well... but I can't be sure about the prices... oops

4 comments:

emi said...

bring it out for us to see! then we go bugis to compare with the 10bucks one...

loveflower said...

haha, sure =) my sis taught me how to differentiate the fake ones, not sure whether it's correct or not though

Fleurgal said...

Lucky u! I checked out the prices in NY both in boutiques and factory outlet and they were nowhere as affordable as your Aussie ones.

loveflower said...

really? haha... ok, next time i go melbourne for biz trip, i can take orders and buy on your behalf =) but, it's limited color over there already... black, brown + red for the tote bag with longer handle, and black + brown for the shorter one, and not sure abt the colors for the small bag